African American Federal Executive Association Conference
By William Brown
Jul 3, 2014, 00:20
The African American Federal Executive Association, Inc., will conduct its Tenth Annual Leadership Development and Training Workshop, September 8th & 9th, 2014 at the Marshall Conference Center, Department of State, Washington, D.C. The 2014 workshop theme is “Leading People”. More than 200 federal employees from over fifteen federal agencies in grades GS 13, 14, 15 and the SES are expected to attend the two-day training workshop.
Workshop speakers include:
• The Honorable Charles Bolden (M/General, retired), former astronaut and Administrator of NASA;
• Admiral Michelle Howard, Vice Chief of Naval Operations (invited);
• The Honorable Katherine Archuleta (SES), Director, Office of Personnel Management;
• Georgia Coffey (SES), Deputy Secretary for Diversity and Inclusion, Department of Veterans Affairs;
• Veronica Villalobos (SES), Director of Diversity and Inclusion, Office of Personnel Management;
• Clarence Johnson (SES), Director - Diversity Management and Equal Employment Opportunity, Office of the Under Secretary of Defense;
• Donna Levy-Wray, Senior Director, Federal Programs, JFK School of Government, Harvard University; and
• Dr. Indigo Triplett, International Leadership consultant, Careers-In-Transition.
Other invited speakers and workshop leaders include current and retired members of the SES, Ivy League faculty, and corporate executives.
AAFEA, Inc. was founded February 28, 2002 by four minority members of the Senior Executive Service to promote the professional development and advancement of African Americans into and within the senior ranks of the United States Government. AAFEA is the premier professional organization for African American Senior Executives. AAFEA sponsors programs and advocate policies that will enhance opportunities for African Americans to serve our nation in senior positions. Since 2002, AAFEA has trained over 1400 federal employees in the core competencies required of members of the SES and over two dozen members have been promoted into the SES.
Information concerning workshop schedule and registration can be obtained at www.aafea.org.
William A. Brown SR, P.E., HAIA, FSAME, (SES-retired)
President, AAFEA, Inc.