The U.S. NEWS & WORLD Report released its latest Best Undergraduate Engineering Programs rankings recently.
According to Robert Morse, chief data strategist for U.S. News, and Eric Brooks, senior data analyst, the rankings are based on surveys of deans and senior faculty members at engineering programs.
U.S. News surveyed more than 200 engineering programs accredited by ABET, the engineering accrediting body, in the spring and summer of 2020. Respondents were asked to rate each program they were familiar with on a scale from 1 (marginal) to 5 (distinguished). Each qualifying engineering school or program was sent two peer assessment surveys.
Below are the undergraduate engineering programs at historically Black colleges or universities and other minority institutions ranked among 206 programs for 2021.
- Florida A&M University-Florida State University #69
- Howard University, Washington, DC, #102
- University of Maryland–Baltimore County #102
- Temple University, Philadelphia, PA #118
- North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University #132
- Morgan State University, Baltimore, MD #181
- Tuskegee University, Tuskegee, AL #181
- Jackson State University, Jackson, MS #195-#206
- Prairie View A&M University, Prairie View, TX #195-#206
- Tennessee State University, Nashville, TN #195-#206