In less than two weeks, a BEYA-winning robotics engineer, a retired Navy admiral; pioneering data scientists, technologists, and educators will be inducted into the BEYA STEM Hall of Fame. All are scheduled to attend the 2023 induction ceremony.
Career Communications Group CEO and BEYA Chairman Tyrone Taborn will induct this year’s class into the hall of fame and celebrate these BEYA winners and Women of Color award honorees for breaking down barriers in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM). Inductees are selected for achievements in scientific and technical careers, federal and military service, and community engagement.
The 2023 BEYA Hall of Fame inductees are:
• Ken Washington, vice president and general manager of consumer robotics, Amazon
• Sylvia Trent-Adams, president, The University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth
• Robin N. Coger, provost and senior vice chancellor for academic affairs, East Carolina University
• Pamela McCauley, associate dean for academic programs, College of Textiles, North Carolina State University
• Melvin G. Williams, retired vice admiral, U.S. Navy
• Edward H. Baine, president, Dominion Energy Virginia
• Donna L. Bell, executive vice president of product creation, engineering, and supply chain, Lordstown Motor Corp.
• Charlotte M. Farmer, senior vice president and COO, UL Research Institutes
• Ernest L. Smiley, chief data scientist and chief information security officer, Kingdom Capital
• Mark A. Thomas, director, Raytheon Engineering Labs
• Melvin Greer, Intel Fellow, Intel Corporation