Summer’s almost over and you probably moved into your dorm room this weekend. By now you’ve read all the back-to-school guides you can about everything you need for the dorm and classroom: laptops, smartphones, tablets, and smart watches for students. Consumer tech news sites, which also cover gaming, have great information on the best tech and apps for streaming and note-taking.
Once you have all those awesome dorm and classroom apps, it’s time to focus on figuring out which career is right for you. That’s where Career Communications Group (CCG) comes in.
CCG is a one-stop-shop to help inspire you as you set career goals and achieve the future you want. Whether you’re planning to take part-time jobs to help with rising college costs or find out what you want to do as you pursue further education, CCG can help you create internship and full-time job opportunities for the 2019-2020 school year through its vast network of employers, educators, innovators, and entrepreneurs.
This August, CCG will hold its second virtual career fair, one of the largest virtual events for the organization behind the BEYA STEM Conference and Women of Color in STEM Conference.
The CCG Virtual Career Fair – Government and Defense is scheduled for Tuesday, August 27 and the focus will be jobs in federal, state and local, government as well as the defense sector.
Virtual career fairs allow STEM students, recruiters, and professionals to virtually visit exhibits and have live one-on-one interviews, with the tools to find the perfect candidates.
- Each recruiter can chat with up to four candidates at once. Also, organizations have a group chat room for candidates visiting virtual booths. Online assistance is available throughout the event.
- Students are organized on campuses across the country to register for the career fair and upload their resumes.
- Employers have access to the database of resumes before the live event and schedule job seekers for interviews.
- Job seekers logged into the virtual career fair at the scheduled time and date of one of the upcoming events get access to booths and online job search resources.
- Following the live event, access to the resume database will be available for 30 days.
CCG’s upcoming Virtual Career Fair – Government and Defense is built for you to explore new paths in STEM careers. Click here to learn about how to present resumes, job search, meet employers, and conduct interviews through teleconferencing with industry leaders.
Save the date: August 27, 2019
Time: 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM EST
During the last virtual career fair, exhibitors included NASA and the Department of Energy. The National Security Agency (NSA), which leads the U.S. Government in cryptology that encompasses signals intelligence and cyber-security products and services, was looking for computer scientists and engineers, as was Oak Ridge Laboratory, the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Diplomatic Security, and the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.