The BEYA Metaquake Symposium continued Friday with another groundbreaking theme: The Metaverse ‘Ecosystem’ of Career and Business Opportunities. Various panels discussed “Making Money in the Metaverse,” “The Beginner’s Guide to Blockchain,” “Building Your Brand in the Metaverse,” and “How VR Schooling Could Increase the Digital Divide.”
The day began with discussions about decentralization and moved on to the opportunities in Web3 for organizations and individuals. Finally, the event wrapped up with the Alumni Hall of Fame Awards Reception.
This year’s class celebrates BEYA winners and Women of Color award honorees for breaking barriers in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM), their achievements in scientific and technical careers, federal and military service, and community engagement.
The 2023 BEYA Hall of Fame inductees are:
• Ken Washington, vice president and general manager of consumer robotics, Amazon
• Sylvia Trent-Adams, president, The University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth
• Robin N. Coger, provost and senior vice chancellor for academic affairs, East Carolina University
• Pamela McCauley, associate dean for academic programs, College of Textiles, North Carolina State University
• Melvin G. Williams, retired vice admiral, U.S. Navy
• Edward H. Baine, president, Dominion Energy Virginia
• Donna L. Bell, executive vice president of product creation, engineering, and supply chain, Lordstown Motor Corp.
• Charlotte M. Farmer, senior vice president and COO, UL Research Institutes
• Ernest L. Smiley, chief data scientist and chief information security officer, Kingdom Capital
• Mark A. Thomas, director, Raytheon Engineering Labs
• Melvin Greer, Intel Fellow, Intel Corporation
The three-day symposium concludes Saturday, Feb 4. Seminars will focus on how to plan a metaverse strategy, which is critical to unlocking the full potential of the metaverse. A key outcome of these sessions will answer the question, “Where do I begin my metaverse journey?”
Building on the previous symposium themes is necessary to formulate the correct metaverse journey for growth and prosperity. Click here for more information.
9:00 – 10:15 AM: How to Build a Metaverse Implementation Strategy
10:30 – 11:45 AM: Using the Metaverse for Distributed Social Services
2:00 – 3:15 PM: Understanding the Web3 and Metaverse Workforce Needs
3:30 – 4:45 PM: How to Build a Curriculum on the Metaverse
5:30 – 6:30 PM: Closing Reception